7 Day Property Preservation Success Kit Video: Day 3
Sorry that these videos took so long. But here you are… Pleaes leave a comment to help me make the content better.
Day 3 Action Plan: Keep Cash flow in Your Business
1. Factoring Companies may be a solution to help your business cashflow positive. Reserach this as an option – learn more about how it works and see if it is something that you may want to put in your back pocket for future reference.
2. Stagger your invocing with clients throughout the month. Have some companies pay you as soon as the work is completed, others may pay on the 15th of the month and a third client may only pay on the 30th. But the key is that you have a few clienets and each needs to pay on seperate times of the month.
3. Invest in your learning as a buisness owner
a) Invest in tools
b) Invest in your learning
This will be one of best investments that you can make in your business – I will expound on this training later.
4. Meditate on the fact that you will prove your results. You will make sure not to grow to fast but that you will let natrual progression drive your buisniess. You will keep organized – starting today. You will be responsible and follow up on clients work orders and properties.
5. Prepare your work orders in advance. Set your routes. Organized by due dates to keep on track – hang a calendar as needed.
6. Look up the area’s closest post offiece – document the address. Record the ours of operation and telephone number. If you have time call to verify the directions from mapquest or your GPS.
7. Get the local police number in case you need it due to being lost.
8. Also document the local fire department’s number. These numbers will be life savers to you if you are entering an area that you are unfamiliar with.
9. Things you can to do help increase or save your profits.
a) Make sure you read your work order. Dont assume because the workorders look similar from property to property that the content is exactly the same. Read, read, read and succeed.
b) Complete the job the first time and do not return on your own expense.
c) Be sure to purchase your supplies at a low cost. You can get your locboxes and padlocks for a really good price at http://www.roperlocks.com. Visit their site and let me know if you have another supplier that is a low cost provider in the comment box below for other things that you use.
d)Narrow down your zip code focus. Don’t add hundreds of zipcodes as a new business. Only add what you can manage – believe me, you will want to focus on your area. By doing so you will be more successful. Add zipcodes once you demonstrate to yourself that you can stay organized and manage the properties in your area. In summarry “Prosper where you are planted.”
e.) Map out your routes before leaving for the property, especially if the properties is in an unfamilar area.
f) Dont accept work orders until you have verified the exactly location (ie mapquest).
g) Learn how to change your own locks – do not use a locksmith unless you have those type of connections or your are a locksmith. Sorry if I am hurting the locksmith industry. But the fees have gotten extremely expensive for this industry.
h) Find out where the nearest dump is to the property. Understand the costs and the rules for dumping in the area. As much as posible try to dump you loads before you leave the area if it is far out. This will help in your fuel savings.
i) Keep spare copies of all keycodes for your business. You may need these keys on other properties.
j) Try to keep normal business hours at best. If you cannot do this then it is acceptable in the industry to keep daylight hours. Only work during daylight hours.
View Previous Training Videos
Day 1 Property Preservation Training Videos
Day 2 Property Preservation Training Videos